Dusting off the Blog - Thanks TMC

As I sit at my keyboard, Monday after TMC, I am struck by how familiar this feels. One year ago I returned from my first TMC feeling energized yet exhausted and pondered how to start acting upon some of the many lessons I'd learned. One year ago, I also decided to start blogging.

"But this looks like a brand new blog?" you may be questioning, and in many ways you're correct. I stopped blogging last year when I unexpectedly transitioned from classroom teacher to Assistant Principal.  First, I was too busy to think straight as I filled the role of A.P. and classroom teacher until a new teacher was hired, but even after I moved into "just one" role, the blog was left untouched.

This was because I worried that in my new role, moving from the front lines to the front office, I wouldn't have much to contribute to #MTBoS, much less anything that could be deemed "bloggable."

Fortunately, TMC18 (and specifically Julie Reulbach's @jreulbach keynote) reminded me that not only does this community need me, I need it.

In my new role, I am fortunate to work with many great teachers whose work can help others, and I know I will lean on this virtual community as I support them all.

TMC18 has inspired me to dust off the blog and discover how I can use it to teach and learn in my new role.

Back to work after TMC - Now what?



Comments